Do you know how to activate a new GOtv decoder in South Africa? Read this guide.
New Gotv decoders are supposed to be registered under a customer’s name before using them, and in today’s Gotv guide, we will show you how to activate a new Gotv decoder in South Africa.
Unlike Dstv, one of the most thrilling things about Gotv South Africa is that customers can do almost everything by themselves using the Gotv easy self-service portal.
So you don’t need anyone’s help to activate your Gotv decoder as you can register your own Gotv decoder online.
However, the purpose of activating a Gotv decoder is to ensure every decoder is registered under a customer’s name with their details.
During the registration process, you are required to use the following valid information: full name, mobile phone number, location, City, country, Gotv decoder IUC number, and more.
The process is effortless, and you can do it via online and offline protocols.
We are here to show you how to activate your decoder, and even if it’s your first time purchasing Gotv in South Africa, you can still do it.
So if you are ready, let’s begin.
Table of Contents
Ways To Activate & Register Gotv Decoder In South Africa
Here are the available ways you can use to activate Gotv South Africa:
- MyGotv App
- Got a self-service website
- Gotv USSD Code
- Gotv SMS Short Code
- Gotv South Africa customer care.
Those are the ways to register for Gotv in South Africa.
Requirements For Activating Your Decoder
Below are the things you need to activate the Gotv decoder in South Africa:
- Customer’s full name
- Mobile phone number
- Email address
- City (Location)
Those are things you need to activate a new Gotv decoder in South Africa.
Steps To Activate Gotv Decoder Using MyGotv App
To activate your Gotv decoder in South Africa via the Gotv app, follow these steps:
- Download and install the MyGotv App from the Google Play Store or iOS app store.
- Open the GOtv app after it has been installed on your smartphone.
- Scroll down and click on “New Gotv.”
- Select your “Country.”
- Next, choose your City.
- Type in your “Surname.”
- Enter your “Mobile phone number.”
- Lastly, enter your Gotv decoder “IUC number.”
- Now, click on “Activate” to register your decoder.
- You will see a successful notification message on your screen after you have completed the process.
- Immediately after you have completed the activation process, your decoder will start showing pictures.
That is how to activate Gotv South Africa using the MyGotv App.
Activation Of Gotv Decoder In Via Customer Care
These are the basic steps to follow to register your new Gotv decoder in South Africa through the customer care center:
- Call the Gotv South Africa customer care on this number: 0302740540
- Choose your preferred language.
- Choose the option to speak with a Gotv customer care agent.
- Request for new decoder activation.
- Provide the agent with valid information about the customer and the decoder.
- Next, follow any instructions from the agent precisely.
- Wait for a few minutes, and once your decoder has been activated, you will start seeing pictures.
That is how you can contact Gotv customer care for new decoder activation.
How to Complete The Activation Via SMS
Below are the right steps to follow if you want to activate a new Gotv decoder in South Africa through SMS:
- Switch on your Gotv decoder and put it on Africa Magic Epic.
- Open the text message app on your phone.
- Click on a new message as if you want to send a new text message.
- Type Accept and add a star(*)
- Next, enter your Gotv decoder IUC number and add a star (*)
- Kindly type in your surname and add a star (*)
- Now, enter your mobile phone number and again add a star (*).
- Lastly, enter your City and add a star (*)
- Now send it to the Gotv South Africa short code,4688.
- So it will be like this ACCEPT*7504362657*Kyei* 0245637371*Accra*
- After your message is sent, wait for about some minutes, and you will see your Gotv decoder showing pictures.
That is all you must know about the activation of Gotv receiver.
Here are some of the recommended guides:
GTBank 737, Upgrade GOtv Max, Install Outdoor Antenna, Customer Care, GOtv Call Center, GOtv Price, GOtv Login, NBA Matches, South Africa Premier League, Make Payment, US Major League Soccer, Borussia Dortmund Match, Self Service, AS Roma Matches, Purchase Subscription, Formula 1 Today, Mozambique Customer Care, Uganda Office Location, South Africa Customer Care, Recharge With Sterling Bank, CAF Champions League, Netherlands Eredivise Guide, Kenya Subscription, Euro Final, Botswana Compact Package, Zimbabwe Premium Package, Zimbabwe Compact Package, Zimbabwe Family Package, Cheapest Package.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only and DOES NOT represent advice from DStv/Multichoice, SuperSport, GOtv or any other company mentioned in any of the articles. You need to make your independent inquiry before implementing any of the suggested guides on this website. DStvGuide.com will not be held liable for anything whatsoever. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained for any purpose. Please visit dstv.com, gotvafrica.com, multichoice.com, or supersport.com for official information.
Also, do not share your personal information with anyone. Thanks.