You are welcome to another significant post about how to change the DStv package. We will show you the DStv upgrade number and how to do that.
Multichoice Africa offers customers a wide range of channels entertaining sports, movies, reality shows, documentaries news, and many more.
These channels are grouped into packages to allow subscribers to make their choices.
Dstv allows customers to choose the package they prefer, and you can upgrade and downgrade your DStv package at any time.
Sometimes, you may want to watch a program on a different package compared to your current package, and when that happens, you must change your package.
Changing your DStv package is effortless, and you can do that within minutes.
These packages Dstv offers its subscribers, Dstv Premium, DStv Compact Plus, Dstv Compact, DStv Family, and Dstv Access.
You can upgrade your DStv package from Access to Premium, and at the same, you can downgrade from premium to access at any time of your choice.
Even though changing a DStv package is just a breeze, many people always have challenges.
Due to that, we have put together this complete guide to assist each with that in a few simple steps.
Let’s see how you can upgrade or downgrade your DStv.
Read more: How To Reset Your DStv Decoder.
Table of Contents
Upgrade/Downgrade Your DStv Subscription To Change Your Package
Here are the ways you can change or downgrade and upgrade a Dstv package in Africa.
1. You can change your DStv subscription through the DStv self-service online portal.
2. Also, you can upgrade and downgrade your DStv through the Dstv app.
3. There is also an option to change the Dstv package through its USSD code or an SMS.
4. Now, it is possible, and you can change your Dstv package through WhatsApp.
So, let’s see how you can perform each of these to upgrade or downgrade your Multichoice subscription.
How To Change Your DStv Package Online In Africa
Follow the few steps below if you want to upgrade or downgrade your Dstv online to access a new package:
- Open your mobile phone or computer browser and visit https://www.dstvafrica.com/.
- At the top right corner on the site, click on “Login” to change your DStv package.
- Next, enter the mobile phone number you used to register your Dstv or your surname on the account.
- Input on your DStv smart card number.
- Make sure you have entered the appropriate details.
- Now, click on “Login.”
- Once you have logged into your Dstv account online, you are almost done changing your package.
- You will be greeted with an organized dashboard with your account information and services you have subscribed to.
- Next, click on the “Change package.”
- Now, select the package you want to upgrade on downgrade your Dstv account.
- Click on “Next”.
- Your package will be changed instantly.
That is how to upgrade/downgrade or change your Dstv package online. And it is actually very easy to change DStv package in Africa.
Recommended reading: How To Pay Your DStv Subscription.
How To Upgrade/Downgrade Your DStv Package Through MyDStv App
Here are the procedures to follow if you want to change your Dstv package through the MyDstv app:
- Visit the Google Play Store or app store on your phone and install the “MyDstv” app.
- Launch the DStv app to start the upgrade or downgrade.
- Enter your mobile phone number.
- Type in your surname on your account profile.
- Click on “Login” to change your DStv package.
- After you have signed in, click on view all packages.
- Tick your current package, and the “Change package now” button will drop.
- Click on “Change package now.”
- Choose the bouquet you want to upgrade/downgrade to.
- Click on “Next”.
- You will see success, which indicates your account has been upgraded or downgraded.
That is how you can upgrade/downgrade your Dstv subscription using the MyDStv app.
How To Upgrade/Downgrade Your DStv Package Through WhatsApp
Below are the right steps to follow if you want to change your Dstv package through WhatsApp:
1. Visit https://www.dstvafrica.com/ through your browser.
2. Choose your country from the top corner of the website.
3. Click on the WhatsApp icon on your bottom left corner of the site.
4. Chose open with WhatsApp.
5. A chat with Dstv WhatsApp account Weill open.
6. A default message with “Hi Dstv” Weill be in your message bar.
7. Click on enter to send the “Hi DStv” message.
8. You will see a message indicating you to enter your smart card number.
9. Enter your Dstv smart card number.
10. Now, you will be asked to actually enter your surname or the mobile phone number.
11. You can enter your surname or phone number.
12. Choose “Change Package” from the options presented.
13. Make sure you always reply by entering the number against the option you wish to access.
14. Choose the package you are upgrading/downgrading for.
15. Choose yes to confirm.
16. Viola! Your Dstv package will be upgraded or downgraded automatically.
That is how to change the DStv subscription through WhatsApp.
Read More Here: Supersport Blitz Schedule Guide
Can I Upgrade Dstv For One Day
No, you can not upgrade Dstv for just a day, as when you want to upgrade your package, the system calculates the difference to the date your current subscription expires, and you pay that to upgrade your package.
How Do I Downgrade My Dstv Package Online
You can downgrade your Dstv package online either through the Dstv self-service website or WhatsApp.
How Long Does It Take To Upgrade Dstv Package
Upgrading or downgrading a Dstv package is instant. Once you submit your request, your package changes immediately.
As you have seen from the steps above, it is easy to change your DStv package in Africa.
Can I Downgrade My Dstv
Yes. You can downgrade your DStv from Compact to Access or any higher package to a lower one.
Changing your DStv package is easier than you ever thought.
Can Dstv Subscription Be Upgraded
You can upgrade your Dstv subscription at any time if you wish to move to a higher package, which offers you more entertainment.
That is how to upgrade your DStv package in Africa.
We answered the following:
DStv upgrade number
How to upgrade DStv
How to downgrade DStv
Upgrade DStv package
How to change DStv package
How to change DStv payment date on WhatsApp
How to upgrade DStv package
How to upgrade DStv subscription
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only and DOES NOT represent advice from DStv/Multichoice, SuperSport, GOtv or any other company mentioned in any of the articles. You need to make your independent inquiry before implementing any of the suggested guides on this website. DStvGuide.com will not be held liable for anything whatsoever. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained for any purpose. Please visit dstv.com, gotvafrica.com, multichoice.com, or supersport.com for official information.
Also, do not share your personal information with anyone. Thanks.