Have you reset your DStv decoder to factory settings? Here is a complete guide to give you full details of what happens when you reset your DStv decoder. We shall also show you what to do to reactivate your receiver has been restored to factory settings.
Usually, sometimes your DStv keeps giving you challenges, and it may not function properly.
When that occurs, one of the best ways to resolve your receiver problems is to restore it to factory settings.
However, you must understand the consequences of resting your DStv receiver before you can proceed.
It requires some technical process to restore the decoder to its normalcy when you factory reset it.
You do not have to worry.
That is why we are here, and we are going to tell you what you can do when your Multichoice decoder is reset to the factory setting.
Before we can proceed, let’s find out what it means to reset your receiver.
Recommended guide: GOtv SuperSport Select 1 Channel Schedule For Today.
What Is The Meaning Of Resetting Your DStv Decoder
Resetting a DStv is the process of restoring your decoder to factory settings.
That means when you reset your decoder, you remove every data and setting on your digi-box to the state in which it was when you bought it.
Now let us see what happens after restoring your decoder to factory settings.
See also: DStv Now Account Login Guide.
What Happens When You Reset Your DStv Decoder
Here are what happens when you reset your DStv decoder:
1. You will lose all your channels on your receiver.
2. Any settings you did on your receiver will be wiped.
3. Also, you will not be able to watch any channel after you have reset your decoder until you rescan it.
4. Your decoder will boot and be stacked on the installation wizard until you set it up.
5. Your decoder will be restored to factory mode.
6. When you reset your DStv Explora, you can lose some of your recordings on the hard drive, and also all schedules recording settings will be removed.
Related article: How To Check Your Multichoice Smart Card Number.
What To Do After You Have Reset Your DStv Decoder
If you have reset your DStv Digi-box, it will remove all your channels and settings on the decoder, and when that happens, you must rescan your receiver.
Also, you must make sure the problems that led to resetting your decoder are properly fixed.
Seek the help of an accredited Multichoice installer or dealer.
Another guide: What To Do When Only Channel 100 Shows.
How Can I Rescan My DStv Channels After Resetting
It is necessary to ask the help of an accredited installer for this process.
- DStv BBNaija Reunion 2021 – Watch Big Brother Naija BBN Live On DStv & GOtv
- DStv Boxing Guide – Watch Tonight Boxing Fight Live On DStv & GOtv
- DStv Zapper Decoder Model 7s Unboxing – Prices, Upgrades & Specs
- Dstv Business Guide – Packages, Subscription, & Application
- DStv Champions League Final – Watch Champions League Final Live On DStv & GOtv
- What Is The Best Gotv Package – Check Gotv Premium Bouquet
- Dstv Euro 2021 Guide – Watch All Euro 2021 Matches Live On Dstv
- Gotv New HD Decoder – Full Details About Gotv Jolli Decoder
- Gotv Antenna Power On Or Off – Gotv Antenna Setup Guide
- Gotv SMS Reset Shortcodes – Reset Gotv Via SMS & Activate Account