Have you reset your DStv decoder to factory settings? Here is a complete guide to give you full details of what happens when you reset your DStv decoder. We shall also show you what to do to reactivate your receiver has been restored to factory settings.
Usually, sometimes your DStv keeps giving you challenges, and it may not function properly.
When that occurs, one of the best ways to resolve your receiver problems is to restore it to factory settings.
However, you must understand the consequences of resting your DStv receiver before you can proceed.
It requires some technical process to restore the decoder to its normalcy when you factory reset it.
You do not have to worry.
That is why we are here, and we are going to tell you what you can do when your Multichoice decoder is reset to the factory setting.
Before we can proceed, let’s find out what it means to reset your receiver.
Recommended guide: GOtv SuperSport Select 1 Channel Schedule For Today.
What Is The Meaning Of Resetting Your DStv Decoder
Resetting a DStv is the process of restoring your decoder to factory settings.
That means when you reset your decoder, you remove every data and setting on your digi-box to the state in which it was when you bought it.
Now let us see what happens after restoring your decoder to factory settings.
See also: DStv Now Account Login Guide.
What Happens When You Reset Your DStv Decoder
Here are what happens when you reset your DStv decoder:
1. You will lose all your channels on your receiver.
2. Any settings you did on your receiver will be wiped.
3. Also, you will not be able to watch any channel after you have reset your decoder until you rescan it.
4. Your decoder will boot and be stacked on the installation wizard until you set it up.
5. Your decoder will be restored to factory mode.
6. When you reset your DStv Explora, you can lose some of your recordings on the hard drive, and also all schedules recording settings will be removed.
Related article: How To Check Your Multichoice Smart Card Number.
What To Do After You Have Reset Your DStv Decoder
If you have reset your DStv Digi-box, it will remove all your channels and settings on the decoder, and when that happens, you must rescan your receiver.
Also, you must make sure the problems that led to resetting your decoder are properly fixed.
Seek the help of an accredited Multichoice installer or dealer.
Another guide: What To Do When Only Channel 100 Shows.
How Can I Rescan My DStv Channels After Resetting
It is necessary to ask the help of an accredited installer for this process.
- How To Pay Gotv With GTBank 737 – Recharge Gotv Subscription Via *737#
- How To Upgrade To Gotv Max Package – Switch Gotv Max Today
- How To Install Gotv Outdoor Antenna – Follow These Simple Steps
- How To Subscribe To Gotv Plus – Simple Way To Pay Gotv Plus Package
- How To Join Gotv Cable – Extend Gotv Antenna Cable
- How To Recharge Gotv With FirstBank Nigeria – Follow These Simple Steps
- How To Recharge Gotv With Access Bank Nigeria – Basic Steps To Follow
- Gotv Schedule Guide – Steps To Check Gotv Daily Schedule Guide
- How To Reset Gotv Decoder – Reset Gotv To Factory Default
- Gotv Live Matches – Find Out Football Live Matches Gotv Shows