In today’s DStv Guide, we are going to show you a simple way to activate an account for a new DStv decoder. Therefore if you are looking for how you can create an account for your new DStv decoder, here is the right place.
In this guide, you will know what you need to create or activate a new DStv decoder and choose a package that suits you.
Also, you Will find the easiest way to get your Multichoice services running on your receiver.
So, let us proceed if you are here and ready.
Creating A New DStv Account
Multichoice Africa has made it possible for every customer to create an account for their DStv decoder.
That is so because without creating an account for your Multichoice decoder, it virtually will be impossible to get any of their services running, let alone watching any of their channels.
People are often confused about what it means to activate or create a DStv account for a new decoder.
Activating a new DStv account is the same as creating an account for a new DStv decoder. This is because when you create a new account for your receiver, it makes your DStv decoder active to access any of their services.
Read the step-by-step guide below to see what you need and how to activate a new DStv decoder.
What You Need To Create & Activate A New DStv Decoder
If you want to create an account to activate a new DStv decoder, here are the requirements:
- Customer full name
- Customer location or address.
- Mobile phone number of the person using the decoder.
- Email address.
- Smart Card or IUC number of the decoder.
- A serial number of the DStv decoder.
If you have any of the above-listed requirements, you are one step away from activating your new DStv decoder.
Please note that there might be slight changes in the requirements depending on your country.
Therefore, it is advisable to contact the DStv customer services in your area to confirm that.
Let us see how to create an account for your Dstv.
How To Activate & Create Account For Your New DStv Decoder
Here are the clear and simple steps you should follow if you want to create an account for your DStv decoder and activate it:
1. Make sure you have checked your DStv smart card or IUC number.
2. Write down the decoder serial number.
3. Now, switch on your DStv decoder.
4. Scan your DStv decoder to get all the channels.
5. After scanning your DStv Digibox, you will see channel 100 working.
6. Call the Dstv customer care number of your country.
7. Request for activation of new Dstv decoder or creating of account.
8. Please provide them with every detail of you or the customer you are activating the decoder for.
9. Next, give them your Smart card or IUC number.
10. Tell them the DStv package you want to be activated on your device.
11. You will be asked to put it on a specific DStv channel to confirm whether you are receiving pictures.
12. Once you start having pictures on your TV, it means your DStv is now activated, and you have created the DStv account successfully.
That is how to activate a new DStv decoder.
Can I Activate My A New DStv Decoder Online?
No. DStv does not allow customers to create an account or activate their decoders Online.
Therefore, you must contact the DStv customer care for account creation and decoder activation.
How Long Does It Take To Create And Activate An Account For A New DStv Decoder
It does not take more than five (5) minutes to activate a new DStv decoder.
Even though it is very fast, sometimes due to technical challenges, it may take more than 30 minutes.
So how long largely depends on your setup.
All things being equal, creating and activating your new DStv account will take a few minutes.
Why Do I Need To Create And Activate My New DStv Before I Can Watch
Without creating a DStv account and activating it on your new DStv decoder, you can not watch any of their channels.
This is because Multichoice Africa will need to associate an account with an individual so that you can use their service.
Now that you know how to easily create and activate your DStv account, just follow the steps in this guide but if you face any other challenges, send your comments below.
- Guide To Choose Dstv Channels – See How To Choose Your Own Channels On Dstv
- DStv Botswana Family Package – Subscription Price, Payment Method & Channel List
- DStv Kenya Access Package – See Channel List & Prices On Access Bouquet
- DStv Ghana Access Package – Channel List & Access bouquet Subscription Price
- DStv South Africa Compact Package – List Of Channels For Compact Package 2021
- Dstv South Africa Self-Service Number – Official Self Service Contact For South Africa
- How To Create And Activate DStv Account – Follow These Steps
- Guide To Watch Dstv Without Dish – Follow These Steps To Watch Dstv Without Dish
- Full Guide To Use Dstv Smartcard In Another Decoder: Follow These Steps
- M-Net Movies 3 Channel Schedule Guide On DStv Today/Tonight