Gotv no signal is one of the most associated challenges that subscribers often face. You do not need to worry anymore are we are here to give every detail on how to fix Gotv no signal.
As you are already aware, usually it is an installer that fixes our Gotv antennas or does the decoder’s installation for us, so when there is no signal, the best way to resolve it is to contact your installer for help.
However, sometimes these installers might take longer to show up, and in such case, you might want to see how you can resolve the issue on your own.
So, we decided to put together all the troubleshooting strategies here for you, so maybe it can help you restore your signal once you experience a no signal on your Gotv.
Therefore, let dig in to see how to make the magic happen.
Why Is My Gotv Showing No Signal
Here are some of the reasons your Gotv might show no signal:
1. Maybe there is a fault with your decoder.
2. Your antenna might have shifted away from the right direction.
3. Your Gotv antenna is spoilt.
4. There might be a break in your Gotv antenna cable.
5. When your antenna is broken or spoilt, your Gotv might show no signal.
Those are why you see no signal on your Gotv decoder.
Requirements To Increase Signal Strength
Below are the things you need to fix, no signal on Gotv:
1. A new coaxial cable.
3. Power source
4. Gotv antenna (existing or new)
7. 10 Spiner.
Those are the things you need to fix Gotv no signal issue.
Steps To Fix Got No Signal Problem
To fix Gotv no signal, follow these simple steps:
1. Connect your Gotv decoder power source and switch it on.
2. Wait for it to finish booting.
3. When no signal pops up, press on “Help” button on the remote to display the “Menu.”
4. Scroll to “Advanced options” and press ok.
5. Select “Signal information” and press ok.
6. You will see the signal strength and quality are all empty.
7. Now, make someone watch in the room for you and climb with the ladder to the roof where the antenna is mounted.
8. Try to shift the antenna from left to right all around to see the signal show up.
9. If it doesn’t, kindly change the antenna cable and fix the new coaxial cable.
10. Connect the new cable to the same cable port on the antenna.
11. Lay the cable nicely to the room where the decoder is.
12. Remove the old cable from the back of the decoder and fix the new one.
13. You will see the signal show up. In case it not enough, climb back to the top and tune the antenna to attain a high signal.
14. Once your signal is back up, scan the decoder to retrieve your lost Gotv channels.
15. Now, press “Exit” to remove the menu display off the screen and start watching your channels.