Today’s article is about how to upgrade a GOtv decoder.
Are you having problems with your Gotv decoder?
Do not worry, as it can be fixed with an upgrade, but do you know how to upgrade a Gotv decoder?
You are at the right place, and by the end of this article, you will know how to update a Gotv decoder with the latest software.
Gotv decoder upgrade is usually done automatically, but sometimes, you need to upgrade it manually when there are issues with your decoder.
However, you can’t upgrade the decoder with the software on a Pendrive but through an OTA protocol.
That is how Multichoice upgrades work.
Once you have installed the Gotv decoder with signals, your decoder can receive an automatic update through the air.
But because sometimes it does not work that way, you can use the remote to manually force the decoder to search for new software to upgrade.
You can continue to read to find out how to do that.
What Is Gotv Decoder Upgrade
Upgrading a Gotv decoder is the process of updating your decoder with the latest software.
It is done automatically, but sometimes you can manually force it to upgrade.
Requirements To Update A Decoder
Below are the things you need to update a Gotv decoder:
1. Gotv remote
2. Gotv decoder.
3. Strong Gotv signal.
4. Stable electric power source.
Those are the things you need to upgrade your Gotv box.
Steps To Upgrade Gotv Decoder
To successfully upgrade a Gotv decoder, follow these steps:
1. Plug your Gotv decoder power to an electric source and switch but on.
2. Wait patiently for the decoder to finish booting.
3. Next, press on “Help” button non your remote to access the “Menu.”
4. Scroll to “Advanced options” and press on Ok.
5. Select decoder and choose upgrade.
6. You will see the daily timer set to 3:00.
7. Press and hold the red button on your remote till a notification pop up with an upgrade.
If there is no upgrade, it will be indicated on your tv screen, which means your decoder is up to date.
8. Press ok to start upgrading your Gotv decoder.
9. The upgrade process will take about 20mins to complete, and during that period, you should not offer the decoder.
10. Once the upgrade is done, the new software installed on your decoder will reboot automatically.
That is how to upgrade a Gotv decoder.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only and DOES NOT represent advice from DStv/Multichoice, SuperSport, GOtv or any other company mentioned in any of the articles. You need to make your independent inquiry before implementing any of the suggested guides on this website. DStvGuide.com will not be held liable for anything whatsoever. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained for any purpose. Please visit dstv.com, gotvafrica.com, multichoice.com, or supersport.com for official information.
Also, do not share your personal information with anyone. Thanks.
The decoder has been stuck on upgrading since yesterday. It’s been 24 hours and still can’t access anything. What the hell am I supposed to work around that?
Thanks a lot. I have learnt a great deal. God bless U.
Help how can I upgrade my gotv decoder