We welcome you again to another DStv guide, and in this guide, we will discuss how to top up your DStv account. Often people confuse topping up your DStv account with paying your subscription, to recharge or upgrade your Multichoice account.
However, just as the name sounds, topping up your subscription is simply adding additional funds into your account to upgrade to a higher package or add to your account balance to make a subscription.
We will give you all the available alternatives to top up your DStv account and highlight the basic guideline you must follow to upgrade your subscription online or through USSD.
So let’s see what it means to top up your Multichoice account.
What Is DStv Account Top-Up
DStv top-up is the procedure of paying an amount of money into your Multichoice account to add to your balance, to pay your subscription.
Also, sometimes when you have an existing subscription, and due to some reasons you want to upgrade to a higher package, you will have to top up your account and pay the difference.
Recommended reading: DStv USSD Transfer Code For Nigeria.
Requirements To Top Up Your DStv Account & Upgrade Your Package
As I said earlier, if you have an active DStv subscription and still want to upgrade to a higher package, you must top up your account.
Below are the things you need to top up your Multichoice account and upgrade your package:
1. Customer care number
2. Cell phone with SIM card loaded with enough airtime.
3. Your DStv Smartcard number
You just need that, and you are one step away from topping your Multichoice account.
Check this guide: How To Fix DStv Error Codes.
How To Upgrade Your DStv Active Subscription To A Higher Package
If you want to upgrade your active DStv subscription to a higher package, follow this procedure:
1. Call DStv customer care.
2. Provide them with your smart card number
3. Verify you are the owner of the account.
4. Now request to upgrade your current subscription to a higher one.
5. You will be told how much you must pay to top up your account.
6. Your DStv account will be upgraded to the bouquet you requested.
7. In the next hour, you must make payment else you will automatically be downgraded to your original bouquet.
8. Make payment to recharge your account.
That is how you can top up your DStv account to upgrade your active bouquet.
You must top up your account when you have funds in your account, which is not up to the actual subscription fee.
You can top up your account to pay or recharge your DStv account.
Related article: How To Pay DStv Subscription Upfront.
Steps To Top Up Your DStv Account Successfully
To successfully top-up your DStv account, here are the basics steps you must follow:
1. Check your account balance online.
2. Now, follow the right procedure you use to subscribe to your DStv.
3. When you get to the amount to pay, enter the right amount to top up your account.
4. Also, when paying your Multichoice subscription, choose other amounts, and enter the difference and pay to top up your DStv account.
5. Once you are done making a top, check if the payment has reflected in your account.
6. Once you complete making a recharge of your DStv account, your subscription will be activated for the next 30 days.
That is all we have for you about how to recharge or top up your DStv account and to upgrade your subscription.
Here is the list of our latest guides:
- Gotv Price – Find The Current Prices For All Gotv Decoders
- Spanish Copa Del Rey Match On DStv Today – Find Channel Showing Copa Del Rey Live Match On DSv
- Gotv Login – Simple Steps To Sign Into Gotv Account Online
- NBA On DStv Today – Watch All Live NBA Games On DStv 2021
- South Africa Premier League(PSL) on DStv Today – Watch PSL Macth Live On SuperSport
- How To Pay Gotv – Simple Steps To Make Gotv Payment
- US Major League Soccer(MLS) On DStv Today – Watch MLS Live Match On DStv
- Spanish La Liga On DStv Today – Find Channel Showing La Liga Live Match On DStv
- Borussia Dortmund Match On DStv Today – Find Channel Showing Dortmund Live Match On DStv
- Gotv App – How To Use It, Download & Install MyGotv App