We welcome you to Dstvguide.com for another exclusive article about how to use MTN mobile money to pay DStv subscription in Ghana.
Multichoice Ghana now allows its subscribers to pay DStv subscription using MTN mobile money platform.
That has made payments of DStv Ghana more flexible.
MTN mobile money is a platform that allows MTN Ghana subscribers to send and receive money from one person to the other.
Also, it allows customers to pay for goods and services either online or from merchandise stores in Ghana.
Therefore, if you are seeking how you can pay your DStv bills in Ghana, it is effortless to use MTN momo(Mobile Money).
In this DStv guide, we will outline all the steps you must follow to subscribe to your DStv Ghana decoder.
Paying DStv Ghana with mobile money comes in two ways.
I will show you that soon.
See also: DStv Compact Champions League Guide.
Ways You Can Pay Your DStv Ghana Using MTN Mobile Money
Below are the ways you can use MTN mobile money to pay your DStv in Ghana.
- You can pay your DStv subscription in Ghana by using the MTN mobile money USSD code *170$#.
- By using MTN mobile money app to pay your DStv Ghana monthly subscription.
Before we can proceed, let see the requirements.
Recommended reading: How To Pay DStv Account Upfront.
Requirements For Using MTN Mobile Money To Recharge In Ghana
The following are the requirements for paying DStv Ghana Using MTN Mobile Money.
- MTN phone number with registered mobile money service.
- Exactly or more than the amount of your DStv subscription in your wallet.
- Your DStv decoder IUC or Smart Card number.
Read more about this below to see how you can pay for your DStv recharge.
Related article: DStv Now Login Guide.
How To Pay DStv Ghana Subscription Using MTN Mobile Money USSD Code
Fo the steps below to pay your DStv subscription in Ghana, using MTN mobile money shortcode:
- Switch on your DStv decoder.
- Switch to channel 200, i.e., “SuperSports Blitz”.
- You will see a short notification on your TV screen indicating your account being suspended.
- On your MTN mobile money phone Dial *170$#.
- Choose option Momo Pay & Pay Bills (2) and send.
- Again, select Pay Bill.
- Choose option 2 (Tv & Entertainment).
- Select 1, i.e., DStv/GOtv.
- Enter your DStv smart card or IUC number.
- On the next screen, your name on the account will pop up.
- Choose DStv (1).
- Now, select option ‘1’ for account payment.
- Choose ‘1’ ( Pay due amount).
- If you want to pay more, you can select the option “2” and enter the amount you want to pay.
- Enter the amount and send.
- Now enter your Mobile money pin.
- You will receive a notification confirming your payment into your DStv account.
- Now wait for about 15mins and if your pictures do not show, use the self-service to clear the error code.
That is the procedure for making a DStv subscription payment using MTN mobile money.
Now, let’s see how you can pay your monthly DStv subscription using the MTN mobile money app.
Check this also: How To Watch Europa League On DStv.
How To Pay DStv Ghana Using MTN Mobile Money App
Here are the steps you must pay your DStv monthly recharge in Ghana using the MTN mobile money app:
- Open the MTN momo app on your phone.
- Enter your mobile money phone number for verification
- You will be sent a shortcode for the verification on your phone.
- Enter the verification code
- Click on the “MoMo” icon at the down right corner.
- Type in your MPin( Mobile Money Pin)
- Again you will receive a verification pin to verify.
- Enter the verification code
- The MTN mobile menu will open for you.
- Click on the “Pay Bill” icon
- Choose bill payment
- Click on the plus (+) sign (icon) at the top right corner.
- From the options that will pop up choose DStv
- A form will pop up to fill
- Enter your smart card or IUC number in the Account number section.
- Next, input the amount you want to pay.
- Type in a reference number
- leave a short note
- Click on “Pay Bill“
- Finalize your payment.
That is how you can pay your DStv Ghana bills using the MTN MoMo app.
Read: DStv Decoder Repair Guide.
How Long Does Dstv Takes To Work After You Pay With Mobile Money
Payment of a DStv subscription using mobile money is instant, and in a few minutes, your decoder will be reconnected.
If your service delays in activating, try clearing error codes using the DStv self-service either through the MyDStv app or USSD code.
See this guide: How To Boot And Reboot DStv Decoder.
How Much Fee Does MTN Charge When You Recharge Subscription
You pay no fees when using MTN mobile money to pay your subscription.
In other words, paying DStv bills with MTN mobile money is free.
This means there is no interest added to recharging your subscription. It doesn’t matter the mode of payment you use.
Check this related guide: How To Pay DStv Via FNB App.
Can I Pay For DStv Only One Day
Payment for DStv is for a period of 30days.
Therefore you can’t pay to watch DStv for only a day.
That is all you need to know about how to pay DStv Ghana subscription using MTN Mobile Money.
If you want to read our latest guides then check the list below:
- How To Pay Gotv With GTBank 737 – Recharge Gotv Subscription Via *737#
- How To Upgrade To Gotv Max Package – Switch Gotv Max Today
- How To Install Gotv Outdoor Antenna – Follow These Simple Steps
- How To Subscribe To Gotv Plus – Simple Way To Pay Gotv Plus Package
- How To Join Gotv Cable – Extend Gotv Antenna Cable
- How To Recharge Gotv With FirstBank Nigeria – Follow These Simple Steps
- How To Recharge Gotv With Access Bank Nigeria – Basic Steps To Follow
- Gotv Schedule Guide – Steps To Check Gotv Daily Schedule Guide
- How To Reset Gotv Decoder – Reset Gotv To Factory Default
- Gotv Live Matches – Find Out Football Live Matches Gotv Shows