In today’s guide, we are going to give you details on why you have an Orange light on your DStv decoder. Do you have a yellow light on your DStv decoder? Stay tuned and read carefully. We will give you the basics steps to follow and turn off your Multichoice decoder’s orange light.
However, there are so many meanings to each of the light on your DStv decoder, either the yellow, orange, or the green light on your Multichoice decoder, there is a meaning for each.
You must also not worry when you see the orange light on your decoder as you can turn it off in a few simple steps.
Before showing you how to turn the light off, let’s find out why you have the orange light on your decoder.
Another guide: How Many Digit Is The Multichoice Account Number.
What Does The Orange/Yellow Light On DStv Decoder Mean
Whenever you see an Orange/Yellow light on your DStv decoder, it means you have unread mail messages from DStv.
Multichoice Africa frequently notifies its customer through mail messages on their DStv decoders with current updates, including upcoming programs, new launches, subscription expiration, promotions, and TV guide.
Recommended reading: How To Reset DStv Kenya Account After Payment.
How Do I Turn Off The Orange Lights On My DStv
If you want to turn off the Orange light on your DStv decoder successfully, follow these basic steps:
1. Press the blue button on your DStv remote.
2. Navigate “Mail messages.”
3. Now, open all the messages you have received from DStv one by one.
4. Once you have opened all your mail messages on the decoder, press on the back, return, or exit button on the remote.
5. The message icon will now be removed from your TV screen, and the orange light on your DStv will be turned off.
That is how you can turn off the yellow light on your Multichoice receiver.
Check also: How To Boot Your Multichoice Decoder.
How Will I Know I Have a Message From DStv
Anytime you receive a message from Multichoice in your mail, you will see a message icon on your tv screen anytime you switch it.
Also, you will see that the orange Amber light on your DStv decoder keeps blinking.
If you want to remove the message icon from your tv screen, you must go to the menu and read all the unread messages in your mailbox.
Related article: How To Check Multichoice Ghana Account Balance.
Why Do I See A Message Icon When AM Watching My DStv
The message box on your tv screen means that you have an unread mail message from DStv.
You can read your mail messages on your DStv by using the remote to navigate the menu and open all the unread messages in your mail messages section.
- GOtv Football Schedule – Check Daily GOtv Football Live Matches Guide
- GOtv First Time Installation – Antenna Installation, Scanning Channels, & GOtv Decoder Activation
- Gotv Offers – Complete Guide About Gotv Promotions
- DStv Nigeria Premium Package – See The List Of Channels, Cost, & Subscription Price
- DStv Nigeria Confam Package – Check List Of Channels On Dstv Nigeria Family & Subscription Price
- DStv Ghana Premium Package – See Full Channel List, Subscription Price & Payment Mode
- DStv Ghana Compact Plus Package – Channel List, Subscription Price & Payment Method
- DStv Ghana Compact Package – See Channel List, Subscription Price & Number Of Channels
- DStv Kenya Compact Plus Package – Check List Of Channels On Compact Plus Bouquet
- DStv Kenya Compact Package – Channel List, Subscription Price & Payment Method