Are you an avid DStv customer who wants to get access to your favorite movies, sports, series, and comedies on your TV screen? Or maybe documentaries, news, or kid channels everywhere you go? Then your only solution is the DStv Now. But what is DStv Now?
If you are wondering about that question, then you are one of the many DStvGuide readers who are asking this same question.
Table of Contents
What Is DStv Now
DStv Now is a free service offered by Multichoice for their customers to watch live TV programs almost everywhere and on any internet-enabled device.
The service uses an app to deliver live TV programs at no extra cost to existing subscribers.
This means that you can use the app on either your Laptop, Desktop computer, Android phone, Mac iOS devices, and a host of other devices with an internet connection.
Meaning you are not cut-out from your subscription as you get to use the service without paying extra money.
See this guide: How To Pay DStv Using EFT.
What You Need To Know Before Using DStv Now App
Now that you know what is DStv Now, there are some things you need to know before you can start using the service on your phone or computer.
Here are some of the things you need to know before using DStv Now:
1. You must download and install the app on your Android phone, Mac, or laptop.
2. You should register for the service.
3. You need your DStv Now login credentials to access the app.
4. The programs available on the service depends on your active subscription.
5. If your account is suspended or expires, it means you cannot use the service unless you recharge.
6. The service uses an internet connection, so data charges apply.
7. How smooth you watch the programs depends largely on your internet connection speed.
8. DStv Now allows you to register up to four (4) devices.
9. You can use most of the latest and popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and
10. Internet Explorer to stream your favorite TV programs.
11. For customers using iOS devices, you can use Airplay to stream the contents to a TV.
12. You can also use Chromecast to easily stream programs from the app to your TV.
13. Unless you use a screen-recording app, you cannot directly record contents using the app.
14. Unfortunately, you cannot pause or forward live streaming using the service.
15. Schedules are mostly the same as those on the DStv main website.
Where To Download The App
Here are basically some of the various ways you can download, install, and use the service:
For Android users, the DStv Now app is available on the Google PlayStore. You can download and instantly install the app on your tablet, Android TV, or smartphone.
DStv Now is also available on the Apple App Store.
If you are an iOS user, then the best way to get glued to your DStv channels is by installing the app from the App Store and watching live programs using the service.
Here are other useful guides:
- DStv Parental Control – Block, Unblock & Reset Settings With DStv Parental Guidance (PG)
- How To Activate And Reconnect Suspended Account Subscription
- How To Pay Subscription Using Capitec Bank App In South Africa.
- SuperSport Action Channel Schedule Guide
- SuperSport Rugby Channel Schedule Guide
- SuperSport Cricket Channel Schedule Guide
- SuperSport Maximo Channel Schedule Guide
Are you using the app on your phone or PC? Let us know in the comments below.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only and DOES NOT represent advice from DStv/Multichoice, SuperSport, GOtv or any other company mentioned in any of the articles. You need to make your independent inquiry before implementing any of the suggested guides on this website. DStvGuide.com will not be held liable for anything whatsoever. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained for any purpose. Please visit dstv.com, gotvafrica.com, multichoice.com, or supersport.com for official information.
Also, do not share your personal information with anyone. Thanks.